Copy and paste the links below to view times and pictures from the 16th Annual Crown Benefits Jack O’Lantern Fall Classic held on October 26, 2013.
Date: Saturday, October 26, 2013
Time: 10:00 AM
Location: Near Three Sisters Island on Goat Island, Niagara Falls, NY 14303
Buffalo News has named it as “one of the most scenic courses in the world.” In year’s past we have had over 700 participants from all over Western New York, Georgia, Ohio, Pennsylvania and Canada and other states as well.
On-line registration at http://www.racemanagementsolutions.com/Jack-O-Lantern.html
Registration will be capped and will end on 10/21/2013.
There will be NO race day registration.
NEW PACKET PICK-UP DATES: Northpointe Council, Inc., 800 Main St. Ste. 2A, Niagara Falls, NY 14301
* Wednesday, October 23, 2013 & Thursday, October 24, 2013 from 7am-7pm
* Friday, October 25, 2013 from 7am-12pm
Bring a non-perishable food item to benefit Community Missions Food Pantry on RACE DAY and be eligible for various prizes including a Kindle Fire.
* $20 pre-registered before 10/19/13
* $23 after 10/19/13 or on race day
* $17 pre-registered with group of 5 or more participants (must be received by 10/19/13)
***Checkers Athletic Club Members receive a $2.00 discount***
**Long sleeve wicking T-shirt included**
Start & Finish: Near Three Sisters Island on Goat Island
Course Certification: NY-12111JG
USATF Sanction # 13-04-153
$1,250 Total Prize Money!!
$250 – First place male & female finisher
$150 – Second place male & female finisher
$100 – Third place male & female finisher
$ 75 – Fourth place male & female finisher
$ 50 – Fifth place male & female finisher
* Trophies for overall male and female winners of race
* Medals to top three male and female finishers in each age category
A variety of door prizes to be given away!
Age Categories (5K):
10 & under, 11-14, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75 and over
Post Race Party:
Provided by Delaware North
Copy and paste the links below to view times and pictures from the 15th Annual Crown Benefits Jack O’Lantern Fall Classic held on October 27, 2012.
Click on the links below to view pictures and a video from the 14th Annual Flexcare Jack O’Lantern Fall Classic held on October 29, 2011.
September is Recovery Month in the United States and this year’s theme is, “Recovery Benefits Everyone”
- Northpointe Council, Inc. along with Fellowship House, Inc. is hosting their 4th Annual: Recovery Picnic on Saturday, September 22nd, 2012. It will be held from 12:00 – 4:00 at Oppenheim County Park. We will have food, games, prizes, an AA & NA meeting and more. It is open to anyone in recovery as well as their family and friends.
- September 9th – International FASD (Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders) Awareness Day. This day was chosen so that on the ninth day of the ninth month of the year, the world will remember that during the nine months of pregnancy a woman should abstain from alcohol.
National Drug Facts Week: Shatter the Myths
Teenagers from various Niagara County communities have joined forces with other teens and experts across the United States as part of “National Drug Facts Week” (NDFW). The week-long health observance, organized by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA), part of the National Institutes of Health, takes place Monday, January 28, 2013 through Sunday, February 3, 2013. NDFW celebrates the inquisitive minds of teens by giving them a space (virtual or physical) to ask questions about drugs and to get scientific answers from experts. As part of the NDFW celebration, Northpointe Council, Inc will be hosting events with Gaskill Middle School, Newfane Middle School, the Lockport YMCA, and Lewiston-Porter High School’s SADD (Students against Destructive Decisions) group. Please contact the Prevention and Education Program for more information or look for us on Facebook.
September is Recovery Month & Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Day – September 9
September is Recovery month in the United States and this year’s theme is Stress and it’s impact on addictions and relapse. This day is meant to honor those who have dealt with their addictions issues and have come out on top and those still walking the journey.
Red Ribbon Week – October 23-31, 2011
The Red Ribbon Campaign is now the oldest and largest drug prevention program in the nation reaching millions of young people during Red Ribbon Week. Wear your Red Badge proudly and have the courage to say no to drugs!!!
What is Red Ribbon Week?
It is an ideal way for people and communities to unite and take a visible stand against drugs. Show your personal commitment to a drug-free lifestyle through the symbol of the Red Ribbon, October 23rd – 31st.